Sunday, April 11, 2010

And so it begins...sort of...

Roughly three weeks into training and I finally decide to start a blog. In my defense, it is my first blog and I didn't want to rush into it. However, with time ticking away, peer pressure, and my own procrastination weighting as heavy as a Biggest Loser pre-season pyramid on my shoulders, I figured it was time to get the show on the road or at least the shoes on the pavement and fingers to the keys.

A long time ago, I vowed I would never run a Marathon. I also vowed I wouldn't do any sanctioned run unless it was for a good cause. I don't plan on breaking either of my vows anytime soon. But there comes a time when you're standing at the top of the stairs to you flat, sucking air, with your cat laughing at you that you realize that it's time for a change.
I had always been looking into doing some sort of team training type of thing to keep me motivated.  After much comparison and scrutiny of numerous team training organizations, I decided to go with Team Challenge. Right from the get go, they got me excited about running again and any group that has mimosas at the informational meeting only needs to tell me where to sign. But the best part is that all the training is to raise awareness and funding for a great cause. That cause is Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA). Between having some of the most encouraging mentors and coaches and having a friend and co-worker who recently had to have some surgery done for his Colitis, I knew that this was the group for me.

That being said, this blog will be about my victorious triumph/agonizing defeat over/to rolling foothills, increasing mileage, general boredom, lack of new or exciting music, nipple irritation, shin splints (my arch nemesis), and anything else that an out of shape (besides round) athlete such as myself might run into on my way to conquering the daunting 13.1 mile Napa Half-Marathon.


  I promise to keep this interesting. If you have read anything or mine or met me, I try to use as many obscure references as possible while keeping my word selection under a $1.50 at most.

I highly encourage your feedback. So please tell me what you would like me to write about or anything else you would like to tell me.

I'd like to thank everyone who helped me come up with both the name and the address. Thanks for checking out my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting up the blog and good luck keeping up with the running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise to help prevent any and all nipple irritation. I'll be sure to bring band-aids to our next run.

    ReplyDelete